Health Advice

Health Advice
Before you travel you should take advice about your specific needs as early as possible.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit has up-to-date information for most
destinations – visit select the destination you require and click on
Further travel health advice can be found on and

You should consider having any vaccinations at least 6 weeks before you travel as some take time to
have effect.
For more information on vaccinations visit the National Travel Health Network Centre
Health Insurance Card (EHIC):
If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country it is recommended that you should apply for a free
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and take it with you when you travel. You can obtain an
application form from a main Post Office or you can apply online. Some travel insurance policies
require you to obtain an EHIC card – please check before you travel.